Welcome to Clayon Documentation!
What is CLAYON?
“Clayon”— Unleash Your Creativity On Clay，can be read as “Clay-On”.
Clayon is an intuitive and professional modeling software that has been designed specifically for 3D ceramics printing. With this software, you can easily create ceramic artwork or functional handicrafts, and bring your ideas to life as 3D printed ceramic objects. Even if you have little experience with 3D modeling software, Clayon makes it easy for you to unleash your creativity and design stunning ceramic pieces.
Design object profile quickly
With Clayon, users can quickly create the surface of revolution. Clayon’s intuitive user interface allows users to change the sectional radius of the model on demand. Users can also directly control the model’s height and scale the model uniformly or separately in X, Y or Z.
Real-time model Visualization
Clayon combines graphic interface and numeric setting panels to update modes quickly and precisely. By choosing the Curves or Extrusion visualization mode, users can inspect the result in real-time.
Customize textures freely
Clayon provides rich textures for users to decorate the surface of their G-code model. Besides eight types of 1D textures, Clayon offers a series of unique 2D textures. Users customize their model after picking the texture type by adjusting the texture parameter to meet various requirements.
Lightweight design system
Clayon is a lightweight 3D design software for ceramic 3D printing. After the user selects the desired texture, Clayon modifies each layer of the G-code of the model directly. The intuitive design process empowers users with a more creative scope and high efficiency.
Strictly-continuous Printing Path
Seamless Toolpath, Perfect Appearance
Clayon generates the spiral printing path that thus avoids the seams on the model. Even with embedded textures, the toolpath is automatically produced of strict continuity. Users can also prepare the extruder and establish a smooth clay flow by setting the skirt offset before the print begins.
Direct G-code generation for ceramic 3D printing
With Clayon, users can achieve the G-code file for a specified ceramic 3D printer without slicing. Clayon realizes users’ design intention by treating the G-code of the model directly and it saves users extra time for running CAD software or slicing software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- 2GB of RAM
- OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
- 0 GB or more of available hard-disk space
- 1280 x 800 display with 32-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM
- Recommended Networking
- Zhong, Fanchao, et al. “As-Continuous-As-Possible Extrusion-based Fabrication of Surface Models.” ACM Transactions on Graphics, Volume 42, Issue 3, Article No.: 26 pp 1–16.
- Xue, Tianyang, et al. “DancingPottery: Posture-Driven Pottery Generative Design and Fabrication.”, ACM SCF 2022: Symposium on Computational Fabrication.
- Xing, Yu, et al. “Shell Thickening for Extrusion-based Ceramics Printing.” Computers & Graphics 97 (2021): 160-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cag.2021.04.031
- Yan, Xin, et al. “Man-made by Computer: On-the-Fly Fine Texture 3D Printing.” ACM SCF 2021: Symposium on Computational Fabrication. https://doi.org/10.1145/3485114.3485119
- Zhong, Fanchao, et al. “Ceramic 3D Printed Sweeping Surfaces.” Computers & Graphics 90 (2020): 108-115. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cag.2020.05.007
How to Subscribe
If you want to use this software more smoothly, please register on our website and log in (Official Website: https://www.clayontec.com/). After you log in to the software, the software will remember the password and do not need to log in again next time.